ENGLISH FROM BEGINNER TO ADVANCED
Learn English with `The Learning Center` and you’ll be learning with the world’s English teaching experts. We’ve been teaching English for more than 18 years and have helped more than 880 people in 15 different countries improve their English skills and build their confidence. You can learn English by taking face-to-face lessons in our learning center at home via our online courses and learning tools. Then demonstrate your progress with our internationally recognised proficiency tests. Explore our unrivalled range of courses and support to meet your exact learning needs. Teaching English. Testing proficiency. Supporting learning.
HAVE YOU HEARD OF OUR “FLEXI COURSES” (TLC)?
Imagine you are in one of the following situations:
You only have 10 weeks before you know your work on a new project will mean not being able to carry on with your course, or you desperately want to brush up on your language skills before your next holiday but, you can’t find a course which is so flexible!
We have the answer:
What exactly are they? Well, theses courses offer you the following advantages:
– A maximum of 10 participants per course
– A monthly payment (you can also start in the middle of the month if you need to
– Jump into the course at any time (provided your own language skills are sufficient for that particular group)
– Jump out again whenever you want/need to (simply give us notice by the 15th of the previous month)
Please contact us to check on availability on the courses.
OUR BEST INDIVIDUAL COACHING FOR YOUR PERSONAL GOALS!
The way you personally learn a language is just about as unique as you are, so individual coaching is highly effective!
Together with the Language Center trainers, a plan of your personal goals is made and the best way for you to learn is determined. Our traffic light system keeps you on the right track. It enables a high level of flexibility enabling you to reach your goals as quickly as possible.
THE ADVANTAGES OF INDIVIDUAL COACHING WITH PERSONAL GOALS ARE:
• to learn with individual course contents using learner-based methods which suit you
• a course based on a thorough needs analysis and language assessment
• content which builds on your existing knowledge and level
• individual coaching which is compact and highly effective aiming at an optimal result
• the flexibility to be able to adapt and change the direction of your course at any time
• just enough repetition for you personally to enable deep learning
• individual pronunciation practice
• being able to learn at a speed which suits you
• selection of learning methods suitable for your personal age category, i.e. teenagers or seniors
• a much higher opportunity for speaking practice
• the possibility of focusing on specialist language, e.g. for HR or medicine
• time saving and convenience of being able to have lessons at your own home (if desired)
• flexibilty due to the 24-hour cancellation rule
• fast response for an individual starting date
At the Learning Center we always attempt to find you the trainer who can help you best. Many of our trainers are not only qualified and experienced language trainers but also have training and qualifications in other areas. Please let our staff know if you need specialist vocabulary and would like to train with a trainer with knowledge of your job or industry.
Learning Business English, the topics are usually:
Although business is done differently all over the world, the general topics are similar. You will need to be able to
• introduce yourself
• talk about your job
• make phone calls
• take part in meetings
• give instructions
• conduct negotiations and
• make presentations
In some jobs you won’t need all of these skills, so the Learning Center endeavours to design a course integrating the things you and your colleagues actually need. When you book the course, we will determine which topics are important for you. Among the topics we can integrate into your course design are the following:
Making phone calls
Most people have to make phone calls in their jobs and this can be quite frightening! At least, when you see a person face-to-face, you can see if they have understood you, you can show them with facial expressions that you have not understood and talk by using hands and feet, so it is normally possible to come to some kind of understanding. On the phone it is different! The Learning Center teachers endeavour to take away your fears and give you tools to facilitate this activity. If you are armed to deal with difficult phone calls where the person on the other end has a strong accent, speaks very fast or if you have a bad connection, you will feel a lot happier.
Learn how to deal with these difficulties in the “safety” of your classroom where it is no problem at all to make a mistake.
Actually, we negotiate with our family, our partners, our friends and neighbours daily. So what is negotiation? Well, basically it means finding a consensus between two or more people. And it is the speed that you get to the final decision that can make a difference. If you know the tools – ways of saying things, using if-clauses properly, being able to convince your partner of a good deal or a win-win situation in a relaxed and competent way, you will not be afraid of the challenge. It could actually become quite fun.
Taking part in meetings
If you are afraid of meetings, I don’t blame you. Isn’t it hard sometimes to try and make your point between all the other points being made? And how do you interrupt politely without seeming rude? Contradicting someone else because they have the wrong information is also very difficult in a foreign language. So it is important to be ready to request to speak, make your point and make a good impression in the meeting. To be honest, sometimes your own culture will stand in your way so finding out what is “normal” is an integral part of learning a language. Our qualified native-speaker teachers raise your awareness to what is expected of you and what will make your participation in a meeting successful.
You have been asked to do a presentation for our company and you have never done one in English before! Don’t worry, the Learning Center teachers will not only guide you as to how to structure the presentation, show you tips on how to flow from one slide to the next, keep the audience’s attention and do the presentation in English -we help you to find the right approach.
This course is for students who understand spoken and written language requirements
– You can talk within topics that relate directly to them
– You are able to discuss facts
– They can be understood in everyday situations
– They are able to talk about experiences, plans, goals and to explain themselves.
– You learn to understand spoken and written language with unknown expressions
– Learn how to deal with topic changes spontaneously during a conversation
– We will show you how to express your opinion in a suitable manner
– You will learn the distinction between formal and informal writing
– modal verbs, passive, conditional sentences, adjectives and pronouns (comparative figures, superlatives)
– Word order, building vocabulary
– Descriptions (people, places, feelings)
– to tell a story
12 to 24 months
Do you want to improve your Business English? Do you want to know what to say in emails or telephone calls?
Why Choose us?
Why choose us?
A number of reasons, but if any of the following are particularly important to you, then give us a call:
- we use a variety of innovative learning processes which are guaranteed to fully engage the learner
- cost effective solutions – our clients regard us as very good value for money
- our methode are tailored to the needs of the client and their participants
- our methode are regarded as practical, pragmatic and ‘real’; we ensure the skills are relevant to the learners, so that the participants can take the learning from the methode and transfer it instantly into the workplace
- we make learning fun: we fun-damentally believe people learn best in a relaxed and enjoyable environment
- what we say we will do, we will do: we deliver our commitments. We are reliable and consistent.